Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jack Kerouac Back

This is an orphan post, what I refer to as a photo with no real story attached to it, as the individual who let me take the photo, never e-mailed me with any further details.


I shot the picture at the end of the Brooklyn Cyclones-Staten Island Yankees game at MCU Park in Coney Island.

The crowd was filing out, so a protracted conversation was not an option.

The woman who belongs to this tattoo, however, did allow me to take the photo and said it was a quote from Jack Kerouac's On the Road.

It's a slightly modified version of this phenomenal passage:


“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”



If you're reading this, Dear Contributor, please accept my thanks for allowing us to enjoy your tattoo here on Tattoosday, but contact me, please, to tell us more.


No comments:

Post a Comment