Saturday, May 23, 2009

Janet Presents: The Non-Stick Tattoo That is Permanent

My awesome friend Janet (whose tattoos are here) sent this to me last Friday and, although I am not in the habit of accepting on the street submissions, this one is pretty damn cool and blogworthy:


Janet reports:

"I was walking behind this guy going north on 6th Avenue, between 15th and 16th Streets on the east side of the street and was compelled to tap him and ask about the tattoo. He allowed me, without hesitation, to photograph it with my phone, then told me the story, which depicts a long-running inside joke. He's a photographer, and in the course of his work, at one point ran out of baby oil to use on the models.His partner suggested spraying the models with Pam... the tattoo was a gift, related to a wedding (I'm not sure if it was his wedding, or his friend's...)."
Thanks to Janet for sharing this one here with us on Tattoosday!

No comments:

Post a Comment